Saturday, April 22, 2006

Now anyone can post a comment into my blog

Hello all,
I have now changed the settings of my Blog so that anyone, even somone with no Blogger account can post comments. I would like some feedback on my Blog, tips, ways I can improve etc.

I went biking again today. My roommate has given me the red bike, which I'm really happy about because my old bike really wasn't good. I made myself 2 new forum signatures today. I think I'm inproving at Photoshop CS2. I'll post them in my next post. The first one I made in a really stupid way: I made it and didn't do a spelling check before I flattened it. You'll see some typing errors when I post it. (sorry :( ) However I'm just going to make a second version with the errors fixed. Heres another error I forgot to mention: I slipped in some text right at the end and now the line right above it it squeezed right next to it. The second one has no problems. Actually I downloaded the PSD file from the person who had originaly made it and then I figured out how to put in my name. Number two was a lot harder. Let me explain what a PSD file is by the way in case you're wondering: A PSD is a Photoshop image file which has all the layers, eg. it is not just a background (flattened) so I can edit individual layers or delete layers or modify type. (which is what I did by the way. The problem was duplicating the font and effects that the designer had made the text. However I just copied and pasted the "layer style" which automatically made the type what I wanted it. )Also because the windows logo at the top is a layer of its own I can put anything else I want over there even I picture of myself!

Anyway as you can see I'm learning how to use Photoshop quite effectively. My computer has been moved to another room in the apartment in preperation for the new roommates.

Anyway bye for now!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. J,
I like your blog. You are doing some very good things with it, and you are obviously studying computers diligently.

A couple of tips:

Tip #1: In the description up top, you should correct the spelling errors. That is not difficult and you should be able to do that in 2 minutes or less.

Tip #2: You should require word verification for comments. Every blog that doesn't have it (I know from experience!) gets splogged (that's blog spam - and it's serious. About 75% of spam and splogging has adult content, so you should prevent this, and other splogging, no matter how inoffensive, by adjusting your settings again to require word verification.

Keep up the good work, Mr J! And don't be afraid to experiment with html code. That's what it's there for!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home