Sunday, September 10, 2006

Toshiba P105 is a really nice notebook!

I've just been reading a review on the Toshiba P105 notebook. Its a really good laptop. It's priced at 1999$ which is a really excellent price considering what you get. I'm gonna get it as my next notebook...

I went over to the Mall today and found that the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT is 888$ including the zoom lense. Theres a 100$ instant rebate on it at a store that I like.

I also saw a really nice aluminum tripod for 100$. I'm gonna buy it soon actually... :-D

Also I saw the Bose SoundDock Digital Music System for iPod. It was 400$ at best buy. I'm going to buy that some day probably.

I am going to buy my portable DVD player soon. Then later on afterwards, purchase the Canon EOS Rebel XT.

The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT is really a tiny camera. Actually it might make me a bit uncorfortable to be using it with a large telephoto lense and flash.... But the controls are really nice and simple. I actually prefer the readout LCD on the camera, I feel that canon shouldn't have removed it in the 400D.

I saw that one of the computers in one of the stores that I was in (the one with the 888$ Rebel XT) had an acer desktop that was running Vista. I am not running Vista on my laptop at the moment but will probably do it soon though. Its just that my graphics card is quite low-end (SIS 64mb) So I wouldn't be able to run it very well...

Anyway Best Buy had the Toshiba P100-J something. It had a Core Duo T2300 @ 1.66GHz, 512 MB RAM, a GeForce Go 7300 GS 128mb video card, 17" 1440*900 LCD, and a 100GB HDD. It was about 1300$.

Also I saw a tablet PC over there. I haven't seen too many, primarily because I haven't been paying any attention because I'm not too interested in tablets. It was quite nice and light. Actually someone had stolen the pen so I wasn't able to use it....

I liked the Bose SoundDock system. Its fairly expensive though. I'll probably buy it later this year or earlier next year....

Heres some of the things on my wish-list:

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
Aluminum Tripod
Bose SoundDock Digital Music System for iPod
Portable DVD Player

I'll get the tripod at the same time as the camera. I'll need it. ;-D

There were also quite a few other cameras at the store. Including the Canon 30D which is about 2100$. Personally I prefer the buttons for scrolling rather than the wheel. Its just a rather strange design. The 30D was huge compared to the 350D

The EOS 40D should be out soon. I wonder if it will be the same price as the previous cameras...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Jacob Harris said...

Yet another spam post to delete ^_^

If you have something to say to me. Then say it in a polite and reasonable way. Thank you.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home