Thursday, August 24, 2006

Long time no Bloggee...

Well its been a fair amount of time since my last blog post. I have modified the header with those nice leaves... And if you've looked at the sidebar you will see that there is something fishy and yet exciting...

The "thing" in the sidebar is something that says "Pictures taken With a Fuji S5200 and a Kodak CX7300. The second one you know about and is the one that I have been taking all of ym pictures with. But the second one...

Well here is goes: I have bought my new camera. It is, as you can see in the sidebar and the review that I have linked there, a FujiFilm FinePix S5200. It cost me about 400$ CAD. And in my opionion is excellent!

I went out taking photo's today. But have not transferred them onto my notebook yet. I will transfer them later tommorrow, as I have a Doctors apointment in the morning. As well as the fact that I will be taking more photo's later that day, downtown and possibly up the mountain with my new powerful 10x zoom lense.

I really love the camera. It is so much better than my old one. It has a 10x optical zoom, an electronic viewfinder, PictBridge compatibility, and a 5.1 megapixel resolution. I had installed the FinePix software earlier today, so Im all set up to transfer my pictures.

It is a very nice looking camera. With a traditional design, it looks like and handles like an SLR. But its fairly small and light. I'm extremely pleased with it.

I will post those pictures that I took today as well as the ones that will be coming up tommorrow as soon as they are onto my notebook.

The Fuji S5200 is in the same series as Turton's camera, except that it is a bit more recent. (Turtons is the S5000)

I had actually seen the Olympus C-770 camera in a photography store at the same mall where I had bought this one. It was slightly below the price that I had bought my Fuji S5200 at. I was considering buying it until I saw the Fuji S5200 at Bureau Engros.

So you can expect those pictures on saturday at the absolute latest! I myself am looking forward to using it downtown.

Fuji recommends the use of the seperately sold AC adapter when transferring photo's to the computer. But I am disregarding that as I dont take that many pictures when I go outside anyway. As well as the fact that I have'nt been using my flash outside. I will probably transfer all of the pictures at the same time.

I went over to the library today. I didn't do that much there actually.

My laptop is now receiving the wireless signal from the front room! That means that I can get my connection from my bedroom rather than having to go to the other side of the house which is not insulated and therefore will be closed in the winter.

I was chatting to Stella several days ago. She has got her sisters old laptop. It is an ASUS M something. Its kind of old. But it has a Pentium 4 @ 1.8 GHz, and 512 MB's of RAM so it should be reasonably speedy.

Stella has a Nikon 5900 Digital camera. It has the same 5.1 Megapixel resolution as my current camera, But does not have the nice design and 10x optical zoom of mine. Mine also has the electronic viewfinder receiving imformation from the lense itself, so that you actually see the image that you will be taking, rather than just a view of what is right above the lense.

I was using a pistol-grip on my camera when I was using it today. Its a fun thing to use. As it steadies the camera and makes it easier to hold.

Thoth sure has a lot of pictures on his computer. About 4.5 GB. Although I heard of someone who had 9 GB's. But they mount up the more pictures that you take. I nowadays prefer to take fewer but better pictures.

I actually prefer using the viewfinder. Because its easier to use, and lets you see the image that you're going to be taking better.

Anyway I am very pleased about my recent buy.

I will be editing my CV a bit. I just bought the 4*10" glossy photo-paper today. I will be mailing it off to the casting agency very soon.

I have started working on a new novel. It is a Thriller type of novel. I am really enjoying writing it although I haven't been on my laptop too much recently because I have been busy going outside and taking pictures etc.But I will get back to work on it soon.

A 2 GHz Black MacBook cost 1500$ at its minimum configuration. A bit too expensive expecially considering that I have jsut bought my new camera. Perhaps some day I will buy one. Or maybe an iBook G4 for under 1000$.

When it comes to laptops, my budget is usually around 1000$. Usually I put on a maximum of 1200$. You can get very good models for under 1000$ usually. Such as the HP notebook that I had mentioned in my earlier post. Or the iBook G4.

It has been raining a bit today. Not for long. Just for a few minutes. It had been cloudy all day before that. Luckily I had managed to get back home before it started to rain too much.

Windows X's Vista Transformation Pack 5.0 has been released today. As well as it being his birthday. The VTP5 is very nice. With several new and exciting features. I can't wait to try it out!

I have 72 MSN contacts at the moment. But some of them are the same person's different adresses, as well as some old ones which they still use occaisionally.

I have just posted quite a long post right now haven't I? Longer than usual.

1 Comments:

Blogger stella said...

Ha ha...it does a really long post..

I'm looking forward to your new pictures taken by Fuji S5200 ...It must be really nice...

Stella

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home