Thursday, August 10, 2006

Those pic's that I promised you all earlier today are here!











McGill Campus



Mr James McGill
McGill Music Conservatory
My Room. (Yes that armchair is the new chair)


Here's those pics that I had promised you in my previous post. I just went over to McGill campus and took a couple of pictures. The other reason that I had went on the trip was so that I could visit MicroBytes, a computer store. I had just checked out their website, and used the tool on their site that lets you tell them what you would want to have in your computer and then it tells you the price. I put in the specs of my upcoming desktop and it had said that it would cost me nearly 7000$!!! Crazy! But then again I don't get those rebates and stuff that I would if I bought them myself from a store. I also visited this camera store for a few minutes. MicroBytes is a really great store. They have lots of professional components and peripherals. They sell games as well. Actually you can have a game included with the computer if you get one from them.

My internet is still down. To tell the truth I just access a Wi-Fi network from my apartment. I'm not sure how far I am from them. But I usually get very good speeds and am able to rely on it. All the more reason to get high-speed and a router!

My dad hasn't been blogging very much. His last post was the one with the Dr Octagon music.

Actually I'm not in a very good mood recently. I'm very tired and depressed for some reason. I have no idea why. And also I've had a lot of anxiety with some things...

The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT includes Digital Photo Professional. I've never used that software before actually so I'm not exactly sure how it compares to other software such as ACDsee.

I have updated the pictures in the sidebar today, as well as put in a couple new links.

Actually I had a bit of a problem finding MicroBytes when I was over there today. Actually I hadn't actually found it even. I was just walking and then suddenly I saw the MicroBytes logo on the store window right beside me.

I like Plextor, its a good company. Very good quality of components.

Actually when I was at microbytes they had linked a dozen LCD monitors to a single computer. It was a fairly average system actually. It had an AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1 GB Ram, a Maxtor 80 GB HDD, and an ATI X700 Video Card with 256 MB of memory. The only notable thing about it was the fact that it had watercooling. They had it connected to this logitech 5.1 speaker system. It was rather odd though, that they would connect it to so many monitors.

I'll be going on my vacation to Milwaukee on the 28th. Thats official. I'm really looking forward to it!

I hope that you like those pictures. I think that some of them turned out well...

3 Comments:

Blogger stella said...

Hi,Jake:

Nice photos....especially the first and second one....

The sky and the cloud are beautiful...I like the sky of Montreal... it looks so limpid...

8:38 AM  
Blogger Jacob Harris said...

Thanks. Yes. They are nice picture, But I'll be taking even niucer ones when I get my new digital camera!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^_^ Once again, some good photos, but the closeups....they need improvement. Also, be careful as to what you include in a photo - some of the street lights being half included spoils the image....

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home