Sunday, July 30, 2006

Yet more pics+Camera update























I went over to a photography store today and learned a lot more about various camera models. SLR means that the screen cannot be used to view images. So you have to use the viewfinder. There were 3 camera's which I very much liked. Here they are:

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT----8 mpx-SLR-Interchangable lenses
Nikon D70S---6 mpx--SLR--interchangable lenses
~~Sony DSC R1~~10.3 mpx--Non-SLR--Non-interchangable lenses

I really loved the Sony. It is above the Canon Rebel XT in price, but cheaper than the Nikon, which has less features and capabilities than the sony. Here are some links to some reviews.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=DSCR1&Dept=cameras&CategoryName=dcc_DIDigitalCameras_megapixels_8
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscr1/
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/r1.html

As you can see it is an excellent digi-cam. It costs 1100$ CAD, at least in the store I checked out which isn't the cheapest. I could probably get it for about 1000$.

The pictures above were taken in the botanical gardens. I will post more in this post tommorrow so check it again by the end of tommorrow for updates.

Actually I had never used a more professional digital camera before. I was amazed by these three. Especially the Sony. Also I like the swivelling screen atop the sony. Its very nice. The design is interesting.

My dad has started using Youtube. He made a movie with his digital camera while he was on his scooter. Its good. My current camera can make video's but without sound unfortunately.

In comparison to the Sony Cyber-shot R1 my current camera is a toy! I will get that camera instead of the Canon Rebel XT actually... While it is more expensive it is certainly worth it with 10.3 mpx!

However. I may want to get the Canon Rebel XT just for the lenses... But then again you also have to consider that each lense can be up to 200$$ CAD!!

The lense built into the R1 is quite good though. I'll have to read those reviews more closely.

I went on another photography trip today. This time over to downtown. I haven't tranferred those pictures to my computer yet though. So I'll post them tommorrow. I also went to the botanical gardens this morning.

I will be going to milwaukee near the end of this month actually. I'm looking forward to that...




Hope you like the pictures!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope your trip to Milwaukee goes really great!

Jake, hey, how long are you staying at your aunt's place there?

12:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

By the way, Jake, if you want to know the best way to learn from other people's html, you can look at the source code for their blog, webpage, etc.

On a Macintosh Firefox browser this is located in the View menu. When I get the time, I would like to update my blog so it's a little more interesting too. I like my skin, but I want to be able to do more interesting things layout-wise and picture-wise. Not to mention being able to create multiple pages the way Michael Turton has. things like that, eh?

12:43 AM  
Blogger Jacob Harris said...

Probably a week. Maybe longer. Depending on they're own schedule.

And I always do look at peoples HTML code to figure out how to do something that I liked.

And Turton uses the web space he gets with his ISP. THats how it appears that he has other pages.

And I really love that Sony camera...

7:03 AM  
Blogger Jacob Harris said...

And I will almost certainly be able to blog from milwaukee. Either on their computer or on my laptop if I bring it...

7:06 AM  
Blogger stella said...

Hi,Jake:

I've already checked YouTube website..cool stuff..

I'll put some video on my blog...

thx..

BTW, nice pictures...ha ha..cute squirrel..

Stella

10:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I wonder what parts of Milwaukee you will see and whether you'll like it. Hopefully you'll have many similar adventures sometime soon.

I sure hope I will, as well, that's for sure. Not that I think it's likely with my hectic teaching schedule and massive debts! You should avoid using your credit cards and don't get student loans, as you get older. Unless you have a job already. Even then, it can be difficult. If you have a job, why bother getting a loan. Too many people borrow too much money. It makes it difficult for everybody, because then the banks want money from even the poorest people, and not just people who live in Canada, the U.S. or Taiwan. Taiwan has a real credit card problem. I bet you'll find a lot of news articles if you Googlenews Taiwan Credit Card Debts as search terms. I am shocked by the things I find out here. And it's difficult to shock me.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog!

Pete

10:51 AM  
Blogger Jacob Harris said...

Thanks Pete...

11:17 AM  
Blogger Jacob Harris said...

BTW: I've added in some more pictures here. As well as a new link. Be sure to check them.

:-D

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home