Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Macintosh laptops

A photographer who I know. Rob. Came over today and brought along his Nikon D100 Digital Camera and his iBook G4 12" laptop. I really liked the camera. He let me use it a bit. Its a 6.1 mpx SLR model. It used to cost 3000$ when he had got it but I could probably get it for a bit over a thousand dollars canadian now.

His mac laptop was very nice. As you can see I have added a review of that model in the reviews section of the sidebar. I used his laptop a bit. It was very nice. I may buy a mac as my next laptop even!

Heres a review on the MacBook: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3055
And another: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2946&review=Apple+MacBook

I will buy a new wireless router soon. I may be getting high-speed internet soon.

I like the look of Macintosh laptops. They're really beautiful. Apple is so much better at design than other companies. I especially like the apple logo on the back that lights up when its on. The MacBook's are so much better. I actually prefer them being so much smaller.

Rob's iBook G4 was very light and small. I found that I instictively knew how to use the Operating System. It was really fun. His camera was very nice as well. I also aldded a review of it to the sidebar.

I really hope that I will get my new camera soon. Either a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT, a Nikon D70s, or a Sony Cyber-Shot R1.

But its actually not so much what is more powerful but what you feel comfortable with. I felt comfortable with Rob's camera and those other three I just mentioned.

I bought this acer aspire 5000 laptop on May 14th. For some reason it seems like I've had it a lot longer. Like 6 months.

I was surprised that Rob had an Apple laptop. He said that it had cost 1200$ in total. Quite good price actually. I also like the slot-loading Optical Drive. My dad's laptop is the exact same model. Except that he got his with 1 GB of RAM. While Rob had 512 MB...

I finished downloading all of Stella's pictures of her time in montreal that she had put onto her website. Stella sure liked taking pictures and videos! I now have about 500 on my laptop. Thoth has so many pictures on his computer. Like 4 GB. But its 8 GB in total as for some reason they are all duplicated. I would have far more if I could transfer pictures from my digital camera easily!

Rob was planning on giving me his red iBook carrying case. But it was too small for my 15.4 inch, widescreen laptop! I'll buy one myself soon. One designed for my size of notebook.

The MacBook's and MacBook Pro's are so nice. I would probably get the black model though. I find it more professional. And more stylish. The only thing is that mac's aren't exceptionally good at gaming. But then again I don't really game much on laptop's anyway so I don't really care about the graphics and speakers. Considering as I use head-phones mostly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home