Sunday, August 13, 2006

Mac Pro...

Apple has just released a new supercomputer called the Mac pro. It really is excellent. It has a NVIDIA Quadro GFX card with dual DVI connectors, and 512 MB's of GDDR3 RAM. Dual Gigabit ethernet ports, up to 16 GB's of RAM. Two optical drive bays, 4 Hard Drive bays. Dual Intel Opteron 2.66 GHz CPU's, and much, much, much, much ,much, much, much,much, much more! All of that for only 23,000$ (lol)

The design is pretty much the same as previous macs. With a mesh case, and handle's on top. But it has 2 USB, and 2 FireWire ports on the front. One of the many excellent features about the mac pro is those 2 ENOURMOUS heat sinks. It really is a wonderful machine. It has 2 cards, upon of which are 4 ram slots. The Ram sticks themselves have huge heat sinks.

There are 4 PCI-express slots. One of which is occupied by the video card. Which is non-SLI compatible.

The Mac Pro comes with a Sony DVD/CD-RW. The standard hard drive is a Seagate 250 GB, 7200 RPM drive. But there is room for 3 other drives.

There is a light above the hard drive's that indicate if the hard drive can be removed or not. It glows orange. Its an interesting feature.

The Ram has an additional processor on it which generates a fair amount of heat. Hence the big heat sinks. Its amazing though that you can put in so much Ram. 16 GB.

Unfortunately though its too much money for most folks to afford.

I am very impressed by that computer. I like the external and internal design as well. The back has 3 USB ports. Making that a total of 5 USB Ports. And then there are the 4 firewire ports.

Here is a link to a video on youtube of the Mac Pro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtaeM1T4ZRg&eurl=http://www.macuser.com/index.php?page%3D2

And an article on the inards of the Mac Pro: http://www.powermax.com/articles_reviews/article.php?id=33

I do love apple. The iPod, and they're MacBook laptops, as well as this new desktop. They're all amazing innovations. And Mac OS X leopard, is far superior to Windows Vista. I am definitely going to convert to Mac when I get my next laptop. I can also install Windows XP onto it now. Due to bootcamp.

Microsoft has always lagged behind. Mac was always ahead of the game with the design of their computers. As well as the new UI of Mac OS X. As well as the better feature's and simplicity in the OS...

My next laptop will be a mac. No doubt about it. I had been doing some things before this like skinning and stuff that required a PC but now I've stopped. So I will definetely by a Mac. And this video has convinced me even more of apple's superiority. And software compatibility is no longer an issue as intel CPu's are being used now. And XP can be installed onto a Mac.

The camera that I want (FujiFilm FinePix S5000) is usually 500$ but I can get it for under 300$. I will be calling around at various stores next week to check the prices. As well as check various online site's, such as amazon.ca and other sites for a good deal on the camera. Actually just today when I went biking I saw someone with the model that I want. An interesting coincidence.

Ahem, yes. I went biking again today. To the old port. (For those of you who have been in montreal) with Miyuki. I should have brought my camera over there. Because there were some good shots that I could have taken.

So you can certainly expect new pictures from a new camera by next month at the latest! And next year I intend to build a new and powerful desktop. For gaming. I will spend up to 2000$ in total. But I could get a lower-priced system of course. I'm just saying that 2000$ is the max that I'm willing to spend.

Its too bad though that the Mac Pro is so expensive. Actually there's someone on JCXP, who was saying that his dream system, is 5000 of the Mac Pro's all clustered together, to work together, to form an ultra-powerful computer.

The trip to my aunt is coming closer! Miyuki is leaving very soon. But there will be another person later this week. Who will be arriving on friday.

OMG!!! A huge post here!

Anyway bye for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home