Thursday, November 15, 2007

Books, rainy day,

Well its a really rainy day down here in montreal here today, unfortunately I somewhat got ambushed by it on my way back home yesterday, it was looking so clear and nice out that it was unthinkable that it would rain, so I didn't bring my umbrella. But today I have, so its quite comfortable. Montreal weather is so unpredictable and polarised, ranging from snow-storms, to blazing hot summers with massive heat waves. Personally I prefer the winter, better too cold than too hot is my philosophy, illogical though it may be.

I have been reading so much lately, library books, I must renew them tomorrow, I have been reading a book on how schools miseducate its students on society, the true state of the world, the flaws in the public schools methods etc. Very interesting, I have also been reading a variety of other novels, mostly fiction, I have been enjoying them.

I have been also been writing a lot more, unfortunately not so much on my blog as you can tell by the large gaps between my posts, but more in my journal, and I have also been writing some fiction work of my own, not so much longer forms, more just snippets of larger ideas I have had, unfortunately it is rather disorganised and random, I must stick to individual things that I start, a bad habit or tendency that I have sometimes.

I will be dropping by the national library later, to pick up some films, some books, and perhaps some music, they have an incredible collection there, but when it comes to films, I need to find a good place to rent films from, the places that I am members of are more just pop-fiction type films, blockbuster, videoself, etc.

I will check out some second-hand clothing stores later today, I need to prepare for the winter, and above all get a new coat. Although that I will buy new.

I really shouldn't have brought my computer in the rain, but the best thing about having a nylon bag is its rain-repelling properties.

Anyways. I have to read a bit now, perhaps I'll get a sandwich or something for lunch or something.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a book suggestion for your next rainy day, or in my case snowy days. Category 5 and the sequel Prophecy by Paul Mark Tag are great reads for bad weather days. You'll enjoy these eco-thrillers sepcifically because of the amazing weather events and writing of those events. Also, you may have already seen the movie, but read the book first, Zodiac, by Neal Stephenson.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home