Sunday, September 17, 2006

Whats new?

Well its been quite a bit of time since my last post. Anyway whats new? A fair amount... I'm not as pressed for time as I've been with my previous posts so this post'll be a bit longer and more detailed...

Today I went over to the Botanical Gardens and took an extra 68 pictures. I got payed 20$ CAD for the work. The pictures will be published in a book later this year hopefully. Will be quite useful to add it to my CV.

When I was there I saw a guy with two Canon EOS 30D's and another guy with the same model of camera all in the same place. Seems quite popular. Actually I really like the EOS 30D. I may get it as my next one however it depends on my financial situation when I get it. I also saw a guy there with an EOS 350D. All of them had telephoto lenses on their cameras.

Canon and Nikon are my favorite digital SLR manufacturers. And both of them have released new 10.2 mpx models at the same prices.

My next camera will either be: Canon 350D, Canon 30D, or a Nikon D80. If I were to get Nikon I would probably get the latest model. I dont really like the new Canon 400D due to the fact that the little LCD that displays info about the cameras current settings was removed. I could find the 30D at the same price as the 350D at a good camera store actually...

I've added my photography tutors site to the sidebar. Quite a nice site design. She designed it herself I think...

Actually there isn't much of a difference between the Rebel XT and the 30D. Besides an extra 0.2 mpx, and a bit of difference with the controls, and design, etc.

I really am attracted to the EOS 350D's design, and button layout etc.

My laptop isn't working as well as I would like it to. I think that theres a problem with the files that make up the wireless connection stuff. It's freezing quite frequently. I'll reformat soon. Maybe next month. I really like Mac a lot better. OS X is so incredibly user friendly and useful. I like the iBook G4. The MacBook is a bit too expensive at the moment. Maybe its worth it maybe its not. But I am reallya fan of the iBook G4. I currently know 5 people who own them: Thoth, My photography tutor, my friends friend Rob, and a couple others. It seems exceptionally popular amongst photographers due to the fact that its so small and light. My tutor takes hers whenever she goes out photographing. So does the guy who wrote that Wildlife photography manual.

4 GB CF cards!!! Wow! Huge amount of space. But I doubt that one would be using that much ever. Unless they're taking lots of videos. Or they're taking a huge amount of photos. CF cards are larger than others though.

I like the idea of those camera battery grips. Its quite a useful invention.

Wow. My blog has so many posts now. Maybe it'll reach 200 by the end of the year... And soon it will be october and then they'll be yet another archive.

Its quite amazing how I've kept at this blog. Its evolved and grown and been with me for a long time. It contains stuff from a lot of this year. And I'll continue it as long as possible...

The BG E3 battery grip is specifically designed for the 350D, as due to its significantly smaller size it needed a new one. Other grips aren't compatible with the 350D. It can hold 6 AA-size batteries. I'll probably buy it when I buy my next camera....

The EOS 350D includes ZoomBrowser EX 5.1, and Canon Digital Photo Professional 1.6 software.

I like DPreview. Its a really good camera review website. As well as having a forum, and news articles. I only learnt about it last month. When I had went over to the camera store Dumoulin and was examining some cameras.

I went bowling with some friends yesterday. I was doing pretty well. Well, compared to previous times. I don't go bowling that often, so I'm not that great. I like it. Its a fun thing to do. There were about 8 other people there. It was sort of a little bowling party...

Stella has posted a bunch of new photos. Check out her blog to see them. Quite nice shots actually...

I'll try to post my business card on the blog. But to tell the truth its not all that likely. I don't have the file on my computer and I don't really want to photocopy it. I might take a picture of it and post it though...

Right now I'm just saving up money for the Canon 350D and Canon i9900 printer. After that I'll buy lenses, battery grip, Canon Speedlight flash, and remote control for the camera...

The Canon 350D box includes:

Canon EOS 350D Camera Body
Canon EF-S 18 - 55 mm F3.5 - F5.6 II lens
Canon Neck Strap
Canon Digital Photo Professional & ZoomBrowser EX software CD's.
Eyecup (is attached to camera
NB-2LH Lithium-Ion battery pack
CB-2LT Battery charger
USB Cable
Video Cable

I like the fact that they include the battery charger.

When I buy the Canon 350D, I'll buy the Canon 580EX flash afterward. The flash is available at a street price of about 450$. Its really an amazing flash. Heres a review: Clicky Here

The Canon i9900 Photo Printer is about 500$. A really good printer... Theres a review in the sidebar as you may know. A really sleek design as well. A nice thing about it is the ports that it features. It has firewire, USB1, and USB2 high-speed. The printer is also pict-bridge compatible. It also has a special 8-ink system...

I'll be seeing my photography tutor on monday and thursday next week. I'll be bringing along the photos that I took today on a CD.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:44 AM  
Blogger Jacob Harris said...

Who are you anyway?

6:50 PM  
Blogger Jacob Harris said...

And I think that its time to the comments of another damn spammer...

Byyyyyyyyeeeeeeeee! ^_^

6:53 PM  
Blogger Jacob Harris said...

I mean to delete the comments LOL O_o

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home