Friday, April 28, 2006

Oh Dear....

Oh dear indeed...
Yesterday was a day full of computer problems.

1.)I tried to install windowBlinds. But when I did and applied a skin all my vista transformation pack themes were gone. Then I got a warning messege saying that the video card had malfunctioned. There was a beep from the computers internal speaker and then the video card shorted out and the screen was a mass of unintelligable lines.

I restarted the computer and everything was fine except that I was at the exact same point as I was before the video card shorted out. I removed WindowBlinds but then Windows was in the windows classic theme. The Vista themes were still gone so I managed to put it into windows XP theme, then I discovered that the vista themes were back! So I applied one of them and everything was fixed.

Then later on I had to go over to my friend Andrew to get dreamweaver from BT on his computer because the file is big and my computers internet is slow. He uses AVG but I knew that it would not be sufficient to protect his computer from virus's from a P2P network. So I decided to install McAfee onto his computer, however he didn't want to remove AVG as well and then I had to restart and I was getting this weird series of messeges at startup, stuff about "Orphaned files" and "checking disk for consistencies" and "Verifying USN journal" and "chkdsk is checking for File system on c:\" "file system if NTFS"

So mcAfee caused a few problems. And then as I knew it would it conflicted with AVG so he couldn't receive emails. And then I was having problems dowloading the stuff..... etc,etc,etc.etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,
etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc......

So as you can see Yesterday didn't go too well for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home