Sunday, October 15, 2006

Abandon Ship! Abandon Ship!

I'm planning on selling my Fuji S5200 so that I can get the Canon Rebel XT. I've learnt about using the settings on more advanced cameras so i'm going to sell it so that I can move up to an SLR....

I like the way that the MacBook uses Magnets to hold down the lid instead of traditional latches. Its a really innovative design. And it seems to hold it down as well as the latches do.

I met my friend Nicholas in person last Sunday. (Not this one) We had been chatting over MSN for several months and we actually got to meet face-to-face then.

I like LowePro camera bags. I saw a Nova 4 AW yesterday and was really impressed. They make really great bags. I'll pick LowePro when i buy my next camera bag...

My photography tutor is going on a trip to Sweden for three weeks so I wont be seeing her for a while...

Its getting really quite cold over here. Ive taken out my winter clothes today...

Actually my TV broke today. It was an old CRT anyway. Next year I'll have a flat-panel. I like the Samsung flat-panel TV's. They're a bit more expensive than the others though I find. I'll be getting one thats between 20 and 30 inches.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think selling your Fuji is a good idea. Your still just getting used to it and you just bought it. Some of the pictures you just posted are really good. But I would like to see what you do after you learn more about what works with the camera, lighting-wise, etc, and what doesn't. Getting impulsive about buying and selling cameras is not the best idea. Keep this one and just save for the Rebel, and even better, wait for the price on the Rebel to go down, which it will after six months - I guarantee it!

In answer to your question on my blog (I notice you only visit it like once a week nowadays!), as I've told you many times, I have a 12 inch iBook. Sure, the screen is small. Why does one need a big screen. I can't imagine needing one, unless I was involved in complex digital imaging, like my friend John, or in do CGI for Hollywood movies, in which case I would also have the studio providing me with most of the equipment at work. Neither of these scenarios fits my current situation.

Yes, I like the magnet innovation on the Macs, too. It's not only on Macbooks. MacBooks aren't that special when it comes down to it. Yes, BootCamp, la-di-da, but you have to log into PC or Mac mode separately. Sure, it's like having two PCs in one, but they haven't quite integrated the two systems. Until they do that, I won't be nearly as impressed as I am by some of Apple's other accomplishments with speed and memory. My iBook G4 has a magnet mechanism for folding the screen, too. There's less chance of something breaking that way. I once met someone who had a Toshiba like I used to have, and his latch was broken, which is a shame, and dangerous, too.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Jacob Harris said...

The Rebel XT is already dropping in price. There is a new model, the Rebel XTi. Which is several hundred dollars more. While the rebel XT has dropped from 999$ to 798$ now...

I have learnt pretty much about all of the settings on my current camera. And the Rebel XT has a higher resolution and is an SLR (Single Lens Reflex) and features interchangeable lenses and more professional settings and features etc.

I don't mind smaller screens as well. I find the 12" screen not to large and not too small...

The Apple MacBook uses the new Intel Core Duo processor. Which is far more battery efficient and powerful than the previous G4 processor...

Also is has the magsafe power connector and the magnets to hold the screen down.

It also has a better and brighter LCD monitor. (Which is a widescreen)
The rewsolution being brought up from 1024x768, to 1280x800.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Jake, that is impressive. I wouldn't mind having a MacBook. Well, maybe I see what I can get in three years. Right now, I'm a little too mobile for anything serious. There's too many things I need to spend money on send money too at the moment. It doesn't bother me in the least.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home