Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Mr J Harris is back to blogging

I'm going to the Montreal School Of Performing Arts (MSOPA) next wednesday. I'll be going for 10 weeks. I'm looking forward to it....

I visited the store L.L Lozeau and I am impressed! It has everything. Lighting equipment, tripods, printers, camcorders, flashes, monopods, camera bags and backpacks, cameras, lenses, flash brackets and lots more. Great prices too. They have the Rebel XT for 30$ less than the other camera store that I like. And it has a lot of camcorders. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I'm considering buying a digital DVD camcorder at some point. Probably a Canon DC-40, or DC-22. I also found the lens that I will buy for my next camera.

I got myself a flash bracket as well. It folds up and is really small and lightweight.

Well this is actually my first october post! Its amazing to think that its already the 4th actually!

And here is the camera stuff that I will buy soon!

-Canon EOS 30D dSLR
-Canon Speedlite 580EX flash
-Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens w/ hood
-1 GB CF Card

Or

-Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT w/ 55mm Zoom lens
-Canon EF 75-300mm f/3-5.6 Telephoto Zoom lens
-1 GB CF Card
-Manfrotto Tripod

I really like that first config. I've tried out the 20D and 30D cameras before. And I had felt far more confortable with them than I had with the Rebel XT. The Rebel XT is just too small for my hands to confortably fit it. But if I cannot afford a 30D then I will buy a Rebel XT...

That 24-105mm lens is amazing. A really good quality lens.

Oh and take a look at this site: ClubAMD A new forum thats been created by a member of JCXP. I havn't joined it yet. But it looks nice...

I'll post a few more pictures soon, its just that its been so rainy and not at all nice weather. BUT the weather is supposed to be nice when I go out this coming weekend so I'll take some pics then, when I go apple-picking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home