Sunday, May 28, 2006

Mac OS X

I am going to install Mac OS X onto my laptop some time soon... However as I believe I mentioned before my HD is FAT32 formatted. So I can only download files smaller than 4 GB.

However I have 2 HD partitions so all I will have to do is format the other partition.

Mac OS X is clearly superior to Windows XP. I have never had a chance to use it though. Which I regret as the few times I have I have been impressed by the UI and the OS's abilities. It is also probably easier to use although I have never been able to prove that to myself.

I am obviously not going to completely switch from Microsoft to Apple I am just going to dual-boot between the two. I am also interested in installing Windows VIsta. So after I install Mac OS X I will use Partition magic to create a third partition and install Vista onto it.

My dad has just gotten back to blogging after a long preiod of inactivity from Blogging. He has also just bought a Mac Laptop. And by coincidence bought it at about the same time as me.

Finally I installed McAfee VirusScan onto my laptop. So now it's all set and ready to go onto the internet and download stuff.

My laptop is now thoroughly set up. It has all of my "essential" software as well as all my files.

I have a huge number of files on my laptop. Themes, skins, images, videos, music, word documents, etc

Anyway bye for now

:)

PS: I am going to create a new website for myself and install wordpress into it. I'm still trying to understand how to do that though... But I think from the look of it that it will be worth it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home